How good are you at taking care of yourself? If you look after yourself, you are more resilient and effective. Look after yourself, then you are better equipped to look after everything else.
Easy Solutions for busy People
The No 1 Stress Reliever is Exercise: 30 minutes a day five times a week is recommended.
In the moment of stress, take an action for yourself: Take a moment to close your eyes and do a few deep abdominal breaths to help you to stay calm in the moment.
- Breathe in through the nose slowly and deeply and breathe out through the mouth.
- If you find it hard to concentrate, silently say ‘in’ as you breathe in, and ‘out’ as you breathe out.
- Pause at the end of each in breath and pause again at the end of each out breath.
- Place your hand on your lower abdomen (just under the belly button) and as you breathe in, try to feel your stomach pushing against your hand and as you breathe out, try to feel your stomach compressing until its empty.
You work hard, you deserve a break, treat yourself well, mind yourself and meet your own needs.
- Schedule downtime
- Eat & sleep well
- Allow adequate time
- Know your limits
- Take time for partner, friends, family
- Do more what makes you feel good
- Leave work at work
- Take one hour a week for a hobby/interest.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.