Some important reminders for Valentine’s Day
Valentines Day ideas
For some of us in relationships for a long time, we may get a little complacent so here are some thoughts for me and maybe you!
As Oprah says ‘What you put out, you get back, every single time, and the more you put out, the more you get back’
Valentines Day messages
- If you want love, act lovingly
- If love is scarce, who isn’t creating it?
- Give freely without expecting back
- Become a Romantic, what am I doing to keep love alive?
- Buy a gift, a loving e mail, cook something special, light some candles
- Pick up the mirror, not the magnifying glass
Something your partner does that annoys you may be something you need to do more of!
When you feel a negative thought, bring it back to self and ask ‘what’s this telling me I need to do for myself? A personal story: Last year on Mother’s Day, my husband and my three children were taking me out for lunch. I’d just said to him ‘You put everything on the long finger, as I said ‘you all go, ‘I’ve work to do’. When I thought about it, I realised, what he does that bugs me sometimes, is something I need to do more often, I needed to put the work ‘on the long finger’rather than send my family out to celebrate Mother’s Day lunch without the mother!!
Gift ideas for Valentines Day
- Accentuate the Positive & eliminate the negative
- Develop the habit of being grateful as happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have so focus on the positives.
- Remember you may be right, but you may also be wrong
- Take action to change what is not working as Love is an action word
Gifts for men on Valentines Day
Set a Date Night as children are hand grenades tossed into marriage!